Sunday, October 24, 2010

"Last minute" custom letterpress card

This weekend was marked by the wedding of a couple friends of mine, Thomas and Lili. I decided to use this as an opportunity to experiment more with my etching press.
This is the pressed result:


I had these chipboard sticker letters laying around and stuck them on some wax paper so I could easily reposition them without them losing their stick.


Then I taped the whole thing to the bed of my press and got out a card I had already been experimenting with earlier.


Here is the pressed card. I had already made the white designs with embossing powder, an amazing thing I just discovered. It's pretty much the coolest. So when you think about it, this card is double embossed.


Adding final touches with my corner trimmer:


Adding to the envelope:


It's really cool to think of the amazing custom ideas someone could come up with last minute, and with such a rare medium like an embossed card. I love this little press!

4 comments:

  1. WE LOVED YOUR CARD!!! It was adorable!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad! Congrats you crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your entire blog...love everything! I am curious, where did you get this press and what is it called? I have been very interested in letterpress and would love something like this! Did you use it to make your custom business card? Sorry for all the questions! I work at Silhouette...that's how I found your blog :) if it's easier to email me feel free to write me at dresdencarrie(at)gmail(dot)com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your compliments Dresden! I emailed you. :)

    ReplyDelete